The Lead Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) contributes to CCHC’s continued success by passionately executing the community center’s business model, promoting the company culture, mission and values. The Lead RDA is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the back office in the dental clinic, including the management and development of the other Dental Assistants in the office. It is expected that the majority of the RDA Lead’s daily work will be to support the success of the clinicians through effective delivery of perfect patient experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes patient friendly and efficient workflow for the back office based on available staff, scheduled patients, and walk-ins.
- Directs dental clinical support staff to ensure efficiency and smooth clinic operations which support teamwork, and generate positive interaction amongst front and back office staff.
- Assists in transition for all new hire providers to ensure proper acclimation to CCHC
- Works with Office Manager to manage schedule for dental assistants, coordinating ill calls and vacation requests, to provide appropriate coverage. Assists manager in review and collection of time cards.
- Participate in interviewing applicants and training and orienting new employees; provide information to manager for hiring decisions and employee performance evaluations
- Electronic Dental Record(EDR) super user, attending training sessions and distributing information to providers and staff through individual trainings and communications.
- Provides on-going objective and constructive feedback to manager regarding quality assurance and improvement
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and Dental Department directive and protocol.
- Maintains all Dental Department areas and equipment in compliance with Dental department directives and protocols as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Submits dental supply order on regular basis for review by office manager
- Identifies, reports, and follow up on any maintenance issues including dental equipment, operatories, and sterilization area
- Responsible for maintenance of emergency kit and first aid supplies to ensure all items are in stock and up to date
- Follow maintenance schedule for dental equipment (autoclave, hand pieces, processor, compressor, etc.)
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business and patient of the dental department.
- Manage infection control, sterilization and disinfection processes for all products, equipement and patient rooms in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, as well as State, Federal and other regulatory bodies.
- Participates in appropriate health promotion / disease prevention activities, both on site and off site as required.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieved organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- Registered Dental Assistant license
- At least five years of experience in dental office setting.
- PAY RATE: $26-28/hr
- Medical, Dental and Vision – 100% paid by Employer
- Life Insurance and Accidental Dismemberment – 100% paid by Employer
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Supplemental Insurance