Job Identification : 117694
Job Category : Product Development
Job Locations :
Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
The Observability organization at Oracle's Cloud is building new services from scratch that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. In the observability space, we are addressing complex, large scale and connected event platforms that manifests as the following services - Logging, Monitoring and Event Correlation services. These services are cornerstones of the DevOps capabilities offered by OCI and offer a wide variety of technical problems to be solved and customer focused innovations to be created.
We're looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems and highly available services. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
As a Member of Technical Staff you will own the software design and development for major components of Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure. You should be both a rock solid coder and a distributed systems generalist, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and low level systems, as well as design broad distributed system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
· You work backward, starting from the user. You care about creating usable, useful software that solves real problems and brings delight to users.
· You have solid communication skills. You can clearly explain complex technical concepts.
· You work well with non-engineers. You can lead a conversation in a room with designers, engineers, and product managers.
· You are comfortable with ambiguity. You have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to drive development of new projects and features to completion.
· You are comfortable working at all levels of the stack.
· BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience shipping services software
· 4+ years of object oriented programming (Java/C++)
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals. Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
· Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, including SMTP, REST, SSL and HTTP
· Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
· Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
· MS in Computer Science
· Experience in a start-up environment
· Experience with streaming technologies like Kafka
· Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
· Strong grasp of Unix-like operating systems
· Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at ~~~ to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 117694 in the subject line of the email.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.